Scientific Clinical Abstract
Call for papers is now open. Abstracts due Jan 30, 2024.
The scientific program committee is now accepting poster and paper submissions for the 2024 American Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control Conference. The 2024 meeting will be held October 2-5, in Dallas, Tx, US. Deadline for abstract submissions is 11:59 pm CST (-6 UTC) January 30, 2024.
Plan now to participate.
Share your experience and discoveries with optometrists, ophthalmologists, engineers, scientists, and more at the premiere OrthoK and myopia management conference. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your work, network with other practitioners on the latest clinical advances, and learn about recent discoveries from leading researchers.
- Scientific Clinical Abstract
- 30 minutes presentation
- Study reports, literature review on a hot topic
- New information
- Mechanisms for myopia development and progression,
- Clinical interventions for myopia prevention,
- Clinical testing to evaluate and follow myopia progression
- Contact lens options including design, fitting, and materials
- Clinical examination techniques
- Use of Artificial Intelligence to optimize clinical testing and lens designs
- Clinical algorithms to assess and follow myopic patients
- Innovative ways to interact with parents and other stakeholders about myopia
- Binocular vision and myopia
- 5 minutes presentation to present your poster
- Authors will be invited by the scientific committee
Scientific Grand Rounds
- 15 minutes presentation
- Case reports that demonstrate innovative clinical thinking in myopia control and orthokeratology.
- Priority will be given to authors registered as students or residents in contact lenses.
Abstract Submission Process
- All abstracts should include the following: Purpose, methods, results and conclusions.
- Presenters must adhere to HIPAA rules regarding patient privacy and disclosure of patient identifiers.
- Scientific Clinical Abstracts will NOT be COPE-approved CE.
- All accepted presenting authors are eligible to register for VBD 2024 at a reduced rate.
- Students and residents can attend the meeting at a reduced rate. If they are authors, a higher discount applies.
- Be sure to use a valid email address with your submission as this will be used to inform of acceptance.
- Complete the Financial Interest Disclosure and AAOMC Faculty CE/CME Review
- Maintain a copy of your submission for your records. Email email@example.com if you did not receive a completed submission confirmation ID.